here is a yummy summer style blueberry basil salad :
- 300g fresh blueberries
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g cucumber, diced
- 10g fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the fresh blueberries, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, torn basil leaves, and chopped walnuts (if using).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the blueberry mixture in the large bowl. Gently toss to coat all the ingredients with the dressing.
- Let the salad sit for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the blueberry basil salad as a refreshing side dish or light lunch option.
This unique vegan blueberry basil salad combines the sweetness of blueberries with the freshness of basil, tanginess of cherry tomatoes, and crunch of cucumber. The balsamic dressing adds a delightful savory touch. You can also customize this recipe by adding other ingredients like avocado, arugula, or red onion for more flavor and texture. Enjoy!