At the end of the program, the student will :
- Understand the origins of cacao, how it is grown, processed and made into the substance known as chocolate
- Understand the scientific reasons underlying tempering
- Understand the problems of sourcing ingredients and preserving final products
- Understand the transformation of a traditional chocolate into vegan versions
- Learn all about making chocolate candies – molding and dipping
- Acquire all the vocabulary needed to make perfect chocolates and chocolate desserts
- Understand operations and when required, team work in chocolate production
- Have executed all major French chocolate-based pastry components and pastries
- The entire program is both intensive and comprehensive. This requires that the student be ready to dive deeply into the course material and take the time each evening to go over what was studied during the day. For this class people of different levels can absolutely be in class together as the teacher can add details for a more advanced student or simplify for the more novice one.
See pdf for full weekly class content.