Cherry stem tea is a delightful and unique beverage that can be made using the stems of cherries. Here’s a recipe to make cherry stem tea:
- 2 cups cherry stems
- 4 cups water
- Maple syrup
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Rinse the cherry stems thoroughly under cold water to remove any dirt or debris.
- In a pot, add the cherry stems and water. Bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the cherry stems simmer for about 10 minutes. This will allow the flavors and beneficial compounds from the stems to infuse into the water.
- After simmering, remove the pot from the heat and strain the liquid. Discard the cherry stems.
- If desired, sweeten the tea with maple syrup or your preferred sweetener. Stir well until the sweetener is dissolved.
- You can also add a few slices of lemon to the tea for added flavor. Let the tea cool slightly before adding the lemon slices.
- Serve the cherry stem tea hot or pour it over ice for a refreshing iced tea.
Cherry stem tea has a mild and slightly fruity flavor with subtle earthy notes. It is believed to have various health benefits, including anti-inflammatory properties and support for digestion. Enjoy this unique and nourishing beverage!