Here’s a fancy and gastronomic vegan tomato recipe that highlights the flavors of ripe tomatoes. You can serve it with our vegan burrata recipe ( https://domainedebrocfontaine.fr/2023/07/03/amazing-easy-vegan-burrata/ )
Heirloom Tomato Tartare with Balsamic Reduction:
- 4-5 ripe heirloom tomatoes, different colors if possible
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic reduction (store-bought or homemade) for drizzling
- Microgreens for garnish
- Prepare the tomatoes: Core the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Dice the tomatoes into small cubes. Place the diced tomatoes in a sieve or colander to drain excess liquid for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, finely chopped shallots, capers, chopped basil, and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the tomatoes and dressing: Gently transfer the drained diced tomatoes to a clean bowl. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes and carefully fold them together, ensuring the tomatoes are coated with the dressing.
- Chill and marinate: Cover the bowl and refrigerate the tomato mixture for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and the tomatoes to marinate.
- Assemble the tartare: Using a ring mold or a circular biscuit cutter, place the mold on a serving plate. Spoon the marinated tomato mixture into the mold, pressing it down gently to form a compact shape. Carefully remove the mold, leaving a neat, round tartare shape on the plate. Repeat with the remaining tomato mixture.
- Drizzle and garnish: Drizzle balsamic reduction over the tomato tartare on each plate. Garnish with microgreens for a pop of color and freshness.
- Serve and enjoy: Serve the heirloom tomato tartare as a fancy appetizer or light lunch. You can accompany it with toasted crostini or crusty bread for added texture.
This vegan heirloom tomato tartare with balsamic reduction is a visually stunning and delicious gastronomic dish that celebrates the vibrant flavors of ripe tomatoes. It’s perfect for showcasing the beauty and taste of seasonal produce. Enjoy!