Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for vegan croutons:
- 4 cups bread cubes preferably day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs thyme, rosemary, and oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with olive oil, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, dried herbs, salt, and pepper over the bread cubes. Toss again to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- Spread the seasoned bread cubes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the croutons are golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Once done, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the croutons cool completely.
- Use the vegan croutons immediately or store them in an airtight container for later use. They can stay fresh for up to a week.
These homemade vegan croutons are versatile and can be used to top salads, soups, …
Feel free to experiment with different bread types and seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Enjoy!